Snap&Read Universal Speech-to-Text Tool
Snap&Read Universal is a Google Chrome extension available for all Elmira City School District students in grades 3-12 at home and at school. Its features include:
- Reads accessible and inaccessible text aloud
- Works across OneDrive, email, websites, and PDFs
- Works offline
- Dynamic Text Leveling
- Study tools
- Translation into 100+ languages on Chrome
- Data for reading level and usage
- Shows Readability
Accessing Snap&Read Universal at home
1. Click Sign in and select Sign in with Microsoft
2. Pick your Office 365 account OR enter your Office 365 username and click Next. If you do not know, ask your teacher.
3. Enter your network username and password in the box
4. If you are prompted to install the Snap&Read Extension, click Install Snap&Read.
5. Click Add Extension
6. Once installed, the extension will appear in the upper right of your Google Chrome browser.
Now you can now click on the icon to show the toolbar and browse to other webpages, open up an Office 365 document, or open a PDF from the menu to use the Speech-to-Text tools.
Downloading Snap&Read Universal to an iPad
Snap&Read Universal is also available as an iPad app.
With your iPad, click the icon below to download the App from the App Store.
After downloading from the Apple App Store, open the Snap&Read app
Follow steps 1 through 3 above.
Follow the instructions to use the Snap&Read Safari Extension
Help and Tutorials
- Help is available from the vendor's website at https://learningtools.donjohnston.com/product/snap-read/
- Video tutorials on how to use Snap&Read is available at http://donjohnston.com/snap-read-resources/
Use of the software is at your own risk. The Elmira City School District is not responsible for any problems or issues caused by the installation or attempted installation of any app, application, or extension. The Elmira City School District is not responsible for any compatibility issues, bugs, or security holes in the software. The Elmira City School District cannot guarantee compatibility with all browsers, computers, tablets, smartphones, or other devices. Please contact Don Johnston Software with any problems, concerns, or issues related to this software.