Visit us on Facebook
Visit us on Twitter
Visit us on Vimeo
Visit us on Instagram
For Staff Menu
For Students Menu

Frequently Asked Questions

How can my child access your services?

As a parent, you can refer your child to the school counselor. Feel free to call or e-mail your child's school counselor. Referral forms are also available on the websites as well as in the main offices at each building.

Is parent permission needed for my child to see the school counselor?

Parent permission is needed if your child is participating in a small group.  Parent permission is not needed for any other service. The school counselor does not provide long-term counseling.

What's the difference between the school counselor and the Family Services therapist?

The school counselor focuses on three domains: academic, career and social/personal. The Family Service therapist focuses on social/emotional issues. The school counselor provides short-term individual counseling and the Family Services therapist provides long-term counseling. 

How do I know what outside agency to access for my child?

Finding the right programs can be difficult and overwhelming. There are many valuable agencies who offer lots of different resources. Our webpage offers some helpful information on community agencies. If you have additional questions or need more help, please contact the school counselor.

I have concerns about where my child is developmentally. What should I do?

All children grow and develop at different stages. If you have concerns, please contact the school counselor. The counselor can work with teachers and others in the building to gather helpful information about how your child is doing in school. They can also help to connect you with an outside agency if needed.

Outlook 365 buttonGet Adobe reader button